Click Here To See The 2012 Statewide CTSAP winners
The AAA Community Traffic Safety Awards Program is an association-wide awards program for communities of all sizes. Its purpose is to encourage communities to address local traffic safety issues in a coordinated and cost-effective way. AAA clubs benefit from the good will the program generates, particularly with local police departments. Some clubs present the awards at special ceremonies.
AAA clubs provide applications to cities, counties, towns and villages, asking officials to describe the efforts of their traffic safety committee, participation in National "Safe Routes to School" efforts, success of their traffic safety programs, projects and regulations and compilation of traffic statistics. Emphasis is placed on the “3 E’s” of Enforcement, Education, and Engineering.
Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards are given to communities based on their efforts to improve local traffic safety. Supplemental awards may be given as well (noted with asterisks).
· Platinum Award: Given to communities that demonstrate outstanding success in addressing local traffic safety issues.
· Gold Award: Given to communities that implement programs and projects that demonstrate superior effort at addressing local traffic safety issues.
· Silver Award: Given to communities that implement programs and projects that demonstrate a strong, sustained effort to address local traffic safety issues.
· Bronze Award: Given to communities that implement programs and projects that demonstrate a substantial effort to address local traffic safety issues. .
· *Pedestrian Safety Commendations and Citations: Given to communities for consecutive years without a pedestrian fatality.
* Additional Awards that may be given at the discretion of each participating club.
If you would like your AAA Club or Community to participate, contact Christopher McBride at (516) 873-2299 or email@example.com